166) Squires Tavern work party - March 20, 2002
Volunteers remove the modern linoleum floor in the back parlor, then remove the oak flooring beneath that. This exposes a wide pine board floor that if not original to the building, must have been a fairly early floor. A piece of newspaper was found under the floor and later it was determined to be from October 1932. Click on the photos below to enlarge them.
Volunteer workers remove a modern floor in the back parlor.
Walt pointing out details of the old pine floor.