in

Moses / Truman / Hughes

Last post 05-15-2008 3:02 PM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-15-2008 2:59 PM

Moses / Truman / Hughes

This is a terrific site, it brings back memories of my trip to Barkhamstead over 10 years ago to search for info on my ancestor Ashbel Moses. We had the pleasure of driving into the cemetary at Hartland to discover his grave and the grave of his father, Abel Moses. Ashbel was born 1758 in Hartland, Conn, to Abel. He served in the Revolutionary War He married Esther Truman on October 24, 1786 in Simsbury, Conn. I descend from his son Ashbel Jr.and Sally Hughes who were killed in Georgetown, Dist of Columbia in 1829. Their daughter, Eliza Moses and her husband Thomas Joslin left Conn to settle in Wisconsin. I would love to share info with others researching the Moses, Truman, Hughes and other collateral lines! Peg Oberbeck poberbeck@mindspring.com 6707 Maple Ter Wauwatosa, Wi 53213

Originally posted: 16 Sep 2001

• 05-15-2008 3:02 PM In reply to

Re: Moses / Joslin

I just found this site via GOOGLE--I am descended from Eliza MOSES---married to Thomas JOSLIN--would like to hear from others re-searching MOSES or JOSLIN--Loretta ---Loretta0422@cs.com----

Originally posted: 23 Nov 2001

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Terms Of Service | Privacy Policy
All Copy and Images Copyright © 2021 Barkhamsted Historical Society All Rights Reserved.