in

Richards

Last post 05-20-2008 11:21 AM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-20-2008 10:43 AM

Richards

The Richards family was prominent in the New Hartford and Barkhamsted areas back in the 1700's and 1800's, in fact, Captain Aaron Richards had an inn just where Richards Corner Dam is now. His father, Dr. Samuel Richards, was active in the real estate busines, and I have made copies of various deeds in the area thanks to the gracious ladies of Barkhamsted's Clerk's office a few years back. If anyone is interested in learning about the Richards Family, whose Thomas Richards arrived in Mass. Bay back in 1635, visit my web site at:

http://www.execpc.com/~drer/ear1.htm *(website is no longer available)

and scroll down past the technical stuff to the genie section. My couosin, Aaron Richards III, lived in New Hartford for some time, and he pointed out to me all the Richards references in the area.

If you enjoy the site, write to me at:

drer@execpc.com

Originally posted: 22 Apr 2002
    *note from webmaster

• 05-20-2008 11:21 AM In reply to

Re: Richards

I still remember going through the land records at the Barkhamsted clerk's office, and finding the transactions of my G+ grandparents Dr. Samuel Richards and Captian Aaron Richards. I hope to return to Barkhamsted with my wife some day, and show her the town, that along with Hartford and New Hartford, was a hotbed of Richards lore. Dr. E.A. Richards drer@execpc.com Milwaukee, WI

Originally posted: Saturday, August 24, 2002

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Terms Of Service | Privacy Policy
All Copy and Images Copyright © 2021 Barkhamsted Historical Society All Rights Reserved.