in

Merritt

Last post 05-20-2008 3:10 PM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-20-2008 11:03 AM

Merritt

We are connected to the Merritt Family of Barkhamsted through the marriage of Mariah Merritt and David Deane. Mariah Merritt was the daughter of Rev. Timothy son of James and Hannah (Phelps) Merritt. James Merritt bought land in Barkhamsted 1767. If anyone is interested I would be happy to share what I have gathered over last 20 years. Angie Deane

Originally posted: 25 Jun 2002

• 05-20-2008 2:03 PM In reply to

Re: Merritt

Hello! My name is Linda Anne (Merritt) Gougeon. The Rev. Timothy Merritt is my 4th great grandfather. I've been to the cemetery of James Merritt and Hannah Phelps sevral years ago. You may or may not know that Timothy Merritt served in the Massachusetts House of Representais 1812/13 as a Reprsentaive from the town Bowdoinham what was later to become the state of Maine. I'm an 11th generation Merritt in America and the last of my family with the Merritt name. I'm fortunate to have a likeness of every Merritt ancestor from the Rev. Timothy down to my grandchildren covering 9 generations. Best regards, Linda Anne (Merritt) Gougeon

Originally posted: Sunday, November 24, 2002

• 05-20-2008 2:07 PM In reply to

Hi,my name is Karlene(Merritt)Kreger,and I would very much like to learn more about the family from Barkhamsted.I'am the 5th greatgrandaughter of james and Katherine Merritt.

Originally posted: Thursday, March 06, 2003

• 05-20-2008 3:10 PM In reply to

I am 5th or 6th (not sure which) great-grandaughter of James & Katherine Merritt--their daughter Esther married Peter Ganyard (1st) and I am a direct descendant--would welcome any more information about the Merritts, Rogers, etc. Question: Is the paper Adam & Katherine Rogers of New London, Conn. and James and Katherine Merritt of Killingworth, Conn. available online any more? There is lots of great information in it. My E-mail address is: barboh@earthlink.net.

Originally posted:  Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Terms Of Service | Privacy Policy
All Copy and Images Copyright © 2021 Barkhamsted Historical Society All Rights Reserved.